Office 365 Now Available Free of Charge for Every Mason City Student
Mason City Schools is now providing Microsoft Office to students free of charge. With Office 365, students will have access to the latest version of Word, for writing; Excel, for spreadsheets; PowerPoint, for presentations; OneNote, for organization and note taking; and much more.
- Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets (including iPad!)
- Use with One Drive for automatic device syncing
- Gain valuable skills on the world's most popular productivity software
- Office subscription lasts for as long as your child is a student here and the program continues
Students just need follow these simple steps to get Office:
Parents/Guardians - Update of Communication Preferences Needed
The Mason City Community School District has updated our communication system and it requires that you update your preferences in Powerschool. The new system is an updated version of our current communication software that we use (Power Announcement) and is now called/named Alert Solutions 2. Unfortunately, the preferences you had set up previously do not carry over to Alert Solutions 2 and so you will need to update them.
With the new system, by default, phone call alerts will go to your home phone, work phone(s), and cell phone(s).
Follow the directions in the attached document link at the bottom of this announcement to update your preferences. You will need to log into the Powerschool Parent Portal to make the updates.
IMPORTANT - Preferences can only be updated by logging into Powerschool using either Chrome or Firefox. Internet Explorer will NOT work for this purpose.
Iowa School Report Card
Dear Families and Community:
Knowing where you are and where you want to go is a key part of growth and improvement. Our district regularly uses education data to tell us how our students are progressing and to adjust instruction for better results.
The state is now providing an additional source of information with the release of the Iowa School Report Card. This is a new web-based tool that provides a snapshot of every Iowa public school’s performance on certain educational measures, such as student attendance and proficiency rates.
The goal of the Iowa School Report Card is to present certain education data in a way that makes it easier for the public to find and understand. The Iowa Department of Education developed this tool in response to a 2013 legislative requirement (House File 215).
Mason City High School
2015 Iowa All-State Music Audition Results
19 students from Mason City High School have attained the highest individual honor available to Iowa high school musicians by being selected to perform at the 2015 All-State Music Festival. The 2015 Festival will celebrate the 69th anniversary of this prestigious event.
District auditions for the 281-piece All-State Band, 201-piece All-State Orchestra and 601-member All-State Chorus were held on Saturday, October 24, 2015, at Storm Lake, Hampton, Manchester, Atlantic, Indianola and Washington. Approximately 17% of the students who audition are selected for membership in the All-State ensembles.
Click here to view a list of the Mason City High School audition results and information about the festival and how to order tickets.
Ga-Ga Court New to Mason City Alternative School
- Public Notice - School In Need of Assistance 2015-2016 Notice
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services Available
- New Student Registration
- Iowa Reading Corps Members Recruitment for 2015-2016
- Student Directory Information Annual Public Notice
- Transportation Annual Notice - Video Cameras on School District Buses
- Mason City Alternative School Environmental Science Program Honored
- 4-Year-Old Preschool Program Expanding at Mason City Community School District
- Early Literacy Focus for Iowa - Letter from Department of Education Director Brad Buck
- New Website Feature - THE VIRTUAL BACKPACK